Welcome

Thanks for stopping by my blog where you will find a sneak peek from recent photo sessions featuring a few of my personal favorites. I invite you to revisit my blog often as I continue to add updates.
If you are interested in booking a session please contact me at:
colleen@colleendavisphotography.com


**Please note that all images are the property of Colleen Davis Photography. Copyright infringement is a Federal Law. Please do not copy or print without written permission. Thank you for following the law and respecting my work.




Facebook Fans get automatic Blog updates!



"Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still." Dorthea Lange



Press Printed and Photo Cards Available!

Press Printed and Photo Cards Available!
Click image above for additional info on Christmas Cards!

Friday, May 27, 2011

More local talent!

I love my job because I find myself meeting the most amazing people.   I don't even have to leave my own town!  This week I spent time with two published authors.  Meet Karen Pavlicin, author of Military Life, Surviving Deployment, and Life After Deployment.  Karen selflessly shares her most personal stories and written poems to give support to other military families.   Karen, once a military wife, supported her loving husband while he was out defending our country.  In addition to writing, Karen is a talented songwriter and singer.  She wrote and created the song I Believe in You to honor the Minnesota National Guard and dedicated it to all US military service members and their families. It's truly a beautiful song.
Karen's life journey continued as her husband became ill and passed away from cancer at the age of 38.  With her young son, Karen found her strength in prayer and in her writing.  She published a children's book Perch, Mrs. Sackets, and Crow's Nest about a little boy's visit to his grandma's house the summer after his father's death.  In addition to this special book, Karen found strength in her music.  She has published a beautiful CD, Little Bit of Faith with a collection of her work.  100% of profits raised from this CD are donated to Cancer Research.  For more on Karen, visit her website:  www.karenpavlicin.com
Spending session time with both Karen and Meagan was such a honor for me.  It's so humbling to learn another person's story and it is such a gift that they are both willing to share their life's journey.  Here's a peek at a few images from Karen's session.


No comments:

Post a Comment